Sep 17, 2013

Amigurumi Baby Mobile

If you have been reading my blog for a little while you will know that I do get distracted from my projects pretty easily.  : )  My Eyelet sweater has been put on hold for a really cute project...

I have been challenged to make a mobile out of amigurumi animals for a friend that is due in December.  (If you want to learn more about amigurumi check out this site.)  I have been following Stephanie's amigurumi work for some time now but never attempted it.

I have started making an aqua penguin and a light green dragon to see how they go.  I bought a size 2 mm hook with a handle on it.  I would highly recommend getting one with a handle.  Makes holding such a small hook much easier!

I am so excited to get started on this project.
The patterns I will be following are from the Lion Brand website (pattern numbers are below).  However, I have decided not to use the yarn or hook size mentioned in these patterns.  Instead I am using a size 2 mm hook and Patons Grace yarns.  This should make them turn out mobile sized instead of small toy sized (I hope).
 
Frog # 81010AD
 Elephant  #70582AD
Penguin #70583AD
Pig #70589AD
Octopus # 70588AD
 
 Here is a simple view of my colour palette:
 

I have some cute ideas for stringing them up on the mobile too.  Stay tuned.

2 comments: